Kabaddi Pan-America Association
About Kabaddi Pan America Association
Kabaddi Pan America Association is a member of The World Kabaddi. Our mission is to govern, regulate, develop, and promote all forms of kabaddi at all levels in the region of Pan America. Further, Pan America Kabaddi Association shall seek to enable players from the region of Pan America to achieve sustained competitive excellence and successfully compete in local, national, and international competition.
Players & Equipment
Kabaddi is played by two teams that both consist of twelve players each. However, only seven players per team are allowed on the field of play at any one time. The Kabaddi playing surface measures 13m x 10m and is separated into two halves by a white line, one team occupying each half. It can be played on a wide range of surfaces from a dedicated clay court to spare ground where a playing surface has been chalked out. Unlike so many other popular sports and games, Kabaddi is a game that genuinely needs no special equipment, clothing, or accessories, ensuring it is a game that is open to everyone.
Object of the Game
The overall object of the game is to simply score more points than the opposition team within the allotted time. To do this, each team must attempt to score points by both attacking and defending. When attacking, the offensive team sends across a raider into the opposition’s half who must touch one of more members of the opposition to score a point. When defending, the objective is to capture the raider by wrestling them to the ground or simply by preventing them returning to their own half by the time their breath is up.
Kabaddi is a contact team sport. Played between two teams of seven players, the objective of the game is for a single player on offence, referred to as a “raider”, to run into the opposing team’s half of a court, tag out as many of their defenders as possible, and return to their own half of the court, all without being tackled by the defenders, and in a single breath. Points are scored for each player tagged by the raider, while the opposing team earns a point for stopping the raider. Players are taken out of the game if they are tagged or tackled, but are brought back in for each point scored by their team from a tag or tackle.
Philosophy & Style of Play
To understand the game of Kabaddi is very simple. It is a seven a side game where one player from one side chants “kabaddi…kabaddi..kabaddi..” and enter’s the opposition’s half and tries to touch at least one player of the opposition so that he can go back to his own half safely. On the other hand, all of the seven players try to stop that opposition player to go back to his half safely by trying to grab him and keep him under their control till he loses his breath. If a player touches the opposition player and returns to his half safely then not only the player whom he has touched is out but he can make a player alive from his own side who had been out before him, just in case.
Kabaddi Pan America will lead the sport of Kabaddi within the region of Pan America to a position of respect in world sport, by providing quality competitive opportunities, promoting kabaddi regionally and internationally and leading by example in terms of integrity, efficiency, and inclusiveness.
- LEADERSHIP: Kabaddi Pan America will be the proactive force taking the sport of Kabaddi forward in the region of Pan America.
- INTEGRITY: Kabaddi Pan America will be fair, transparent and subject to due process.
- EXCELLENCE: Events, systems and delivered outcomes will be of the highest standard.
- INCLUSIVENESS: Kabaddi Pan America structures, activities and deliverables will encompass all, irrespective of gender, age, disability, or nationality.
- FELLOWSHIP: Kabaddi Pan America will foster camaraderie, solidarity, and enjoyment throughout the region of Pan America.
- GOVERN: Provide state and national Kabaddi competition of highest quality.
- ORGANIZE: Implement a structure and process for the sound functioning of Kabaddi within the region..
- DEVELOP: Grow participation by athletes, officials and supporters of Kabaddi within the in the region.
- PROMOTE: Inspire media and markets to actively engage in the marketing and promotion of Kabaddi.
- REPRESENT: Advance Kabaddi Pan America to prominence as premier world-class major sporting organizations.
Strategy requires thought,tactics require observation…
A beautiful balance between holding on and letting go is what required in a game of Kabaddi!